In 2017, the Enduro World Series (EWS) makes its way to Tasmania, Australia – and so are we!
Join RAW Epics’ ultimate trip for enduro fans. Ride the best trails and watch elite enduro professional riders in action on the hottest MTB destination down-under: Tasmania’s stunning north-east. We will ride everything from world-class trail center singletrack to shuttle-assisted epic backcountry routes; immerse in the rich history of the area; visit amazing craft breweries & vineyards; and sample the best in local produce and cuisine.
UPDATE (1/1/2017): EWS Tasmania will also be hosting a Challenger Enduro race on Saturday 8 April, one day before the EWS race! Amateur riders get to race on 5 of the 7 stages used by the pros in and around Derby. We are modifying our itinerary to reflect this to allow our guests their own chance to practice and race the Challenger event. Guests who prefer not to race will be guided on non-event / alternate trails during 8 April whilst the Challenger event is in progress. We will be shifting our Hollybank shuttle day to Tuesday 11 April instead as a result of this change. Please see the updated itinerary below.
To whet your appetite, find out about Hollybank Park, with the centerpiece Juggernaut trail in this video edit from Australian MTB publication ‘Flow’:
Next, find out more about amazing Derby, the highlight of our trip and site of Round #2 of the EWS in this video edit featuring Hans Rey and Tyler McCaul:
Travel Dates 2017: 5-12 April (fixed departure)
Destination: North-east Tasmania, Australia.
Skill level: Intermediate – participants must be competent at riding green and blue trails confidently; as well as technical and high-speed features on some black trails.
Fitness Level: Intermediate – participants must be able to climb and descend on both sustained off-road uphills/downhills as well as rolling off-road terrain for between 2-7 hours per day, for up to 5.5 days.
Recommended bike: trail bike suitable for mix of XC and enduro-style riding (29″ wheels w/120-150mm travel OR 27.5″/26″ wheels w/140-170mm travel)
Number of participant spots:
8 available, [5 taken, 3 available – do not delay: book now!]
- Day 0: Fly Singapore – Launceston (overnight flight)
- Day 1 (Arrival + Warm-up ride day): Pick-up at Launceston Airport, build bikes, transfer (30min) to accommodation. PM 1/2-day ride Trevallyn Nature Reserve Area. Opening dinner. Overnight at B&B near Trevallyn.
- Day 2 (Derby Backcountry day): Breakfast dine-in. Grocery shopping. Transfer to accommodation – B&B @Pioneer – 10mins from Derby. Dine-in lunch + registration for Challenger participants. Ride Blue Tier descent + Big Chook (shuttle) + PRactice stages for Challenger participants. Extended ride option on Atlas, finish at Blue Derby trails.Overnight at B&B @Pioneer.
- Day 3 (Challenger day): Breakfast dine-out. Challenger participants split from main group to do event; spectating options possible. Dine-in lunch; PM ride non-EWS race trails. Pub dinner. Overnight at B&B @Pioneer.
- Day 4 (EWS day): Breakfast dine-in. Spectate EWS enduro event. Casual riding between spectating locations (shuttle maybe required). Packed lunch on-trail. Dine-out option. Overnight at B&B @Pioneer.
- Day 5 (Derby Exploration day): Breakfast dine-in. Ride XC-style Blue Derby trails. Café lunch in Derby. Ride Atlas descent (shuttle). Weldborough Pub dinner. Overnight at B&B @Pioneer.
- Day 6 (Juggernaut day): Breakfast dine-in. Transfer to Hollybank Park (45mins); ride Juggernaut descents (shuttle). Lunch at café; option to visit breweries/vineyards. Transfer back to Launceston (3hrs). End-of-trip dine-out dinner. Pack bikes. Overnight at pub-hotel accommodation.
- Day 7 (departure): Early transfer to Launceston Airport (30mins). Fly Launceston – Singapore.
OFFICIAL TRIP FLIGHTS:
- Outbound (SIN>MEL>LST) – QF36, QF2281
- Return (LST>MEL>SIN) – QF2280, QF35
Additional info: Please check out our video edit TassiEpic (Part II) for a taste of what Tasmania’s MTB trails have to offer.
Preparation: Pre-trip briefing to be conducted in Singapore by guide. Pre-trip MTB skills training courses available.